When you need to add a fence to the perimeter of your property, you may want to avoid sticker shock. The cost of a fence depends on two factors: the linear feet required and the type of fence. Often times, the size of the fence cannot be compromised. Leaving your only wiggle room in the area of the type of fence. The cost, quality, and appearance of the fence can vary greatly. Your needs are the other variables that will depend on your willingness to dig deeper into your wallet. Continue reading “Best Affordable Fencing Options”
When considering installing a fence for the sole purpose of containing your pooch, there are several items to consider. Much of it will seem like common sense, though you may also learn something new. The different combinations of factors to consider include:
Cold Weather Fence Installation
If you are in the market for a new fence, or looking to replace your old one, the installation process is something to consider.
Building a Fence in PA
A fence can serve as many things: privacy, protection, decoration, and safety. However, once a fence is installed, it becomes a permanent fixture on your property. In addition to choosing the type of fence and the right fencing material to suit your needs, it is equally important that you learn the code requirements for building a fence on your property.
Every fence needs some sort of maintenance, even if only a minor cleaning and checkup. Wood fences, due to their organic material, require more maintenance than other materials. Issues such as warping, dry rot, insects, and general weathering can occur if a wooden fence is not properly maintained. The good news is, some simple maintenance tips can help to minimize or avoid these issues and extend the life and appearance of your wooden fence.
- Be sure that you add a protective coat. The ideal time to add a protective coat to your wooden fence is right after the installation. The sealer is designed to extend the life of the fence, and can consist of of a stain, paint, or protective sealing coat. Be sure that your sealing product is designed for outdoor use and is appropriate for wooden fences.
- Yearly checkup. Each fall and spring, walk the perimeter of your fence to check for areas of damage. Little repairs are easier to deal with when you catch them early, rather than wait for them to become major eyesores.
- Clean your fence. Wood fences can acquire mildew from moisture, particularly when Pittsburgh is having a lot of rain or snow. Clean any areas of mildew where they are visible to prevent mold and dry rot.
- Caulk between the fence and fence posts. Caulking helps to seal off the moisture, which can lead to the fence posts failing. Fixing this after the fact can prove to be a costly endeavor, and caulking regularly can help to keep your fence sturdy.
- Repaint or restain when necessary. If your wooden fence is painted or stained, you will need to reapply every few years to keep up the attractive appearance of your fence as well as providing a level of protection from the elements.
If you are looking for the right fence for your property, contact the experts at Fence By Maintenance Service, Inc.. Serving the Pittsburgh Metro area for over 50 years, Fence Maintenance Service has a number of fencing materials in a variety of styles to beautify your property or provide a level of privacy or protection. Contact Fence Maintenance Service to find out which fencing solution will best meet your needs!
Low maintenance, durability, attractiveness, and a number of customization options make vinyl fencing a great option for any home or business. Because most vinyl fences are white, dust, dirt, and the inclement weather that comes with Pittsburgh’s changing seasons can get even the most low-maintenance fence a little dirty!
Fortunately, with vinyl fencing, you are dealing with one of the most durable, low maintenance materials on the market. Caring for and maintaining a vinyl fence is easy and hassle-free, and regular cleaning will allow you to take advantage of its attractive appearance for many years to come.
Simply put, a vinyl fence requires nothing more than routine washing to keep it pristine and as good as new. A garden hose will usually do the trick, however, when the elements are particularly harsh and your fence looks a little dirtier than normal there are a few simple tips you can use to keep it clean, with very little effort.
- Use an ordinary car wash brush that attaches to the end of your hose. This will allow for more than just a quick rinsing, as you can use the brush on the areas that require a little more cleaning.
- If you are using an outdoor fence cleaner for hard-to-remove dirt or stains, be sure to read the ingredients and ensure that they are not too harsh. You will want to use a cleaner that is effective but gentle, to preserve the material and the look of your fence.
- Mildew, which is rare, can be cleaned up using a bleach solution.
- To prevent the fence from streaking when using cleaning agents, begin from the bottom and work your way up to the top.
When cleaning your fence, be sure to protect any surrounding grass and/or shrubs when cleaning agents are involved. While they may be ok for your fence, they may not fare so well for the surrounding landscape material.
Overall you can see that vinyl is designed to be a long-lasting, low-maintenance fencing materials. As the fencing industry continues to evolve, advances in manufacturing and materials will put forth vinyl as a strong competitor for common fencing applications.
At Fence Maintenance Service, we carry many styles of vinyl fencing, as well as other fencing materials, to suit both your needs and your budget. Contact us today to find out what kind of vinyl fencing would be right for you.
Fencing Around your Pool
To keep up with various laws and ordinances regarding residential swimming pools, pool fences have evolved throughout recent years. With the emphasis on regulating and enforcing pool fence requirements throughout the various townships and counties throughout Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania, many homeowners have found themselves confused as to which fencing option to choose for their pool area. Below are a few tips to consider:
Is your pool in-ground or above ground? If your pool is in-ground, then there are laws in place not only from the state, but from your local township, that regulate the fencing surrounding it, the type and height of which would be determined by your local township.
Is your pool a “temporary” one, such as a kiddie pool or inflatable one? It is important to understand that any structure, even a temporary one, that contains water can be considered a “pool,” and the homeowner can be held liable for incidents that take place even when the owner is not at home if there is no fence surrounding the property.
Is there already a fence around your property? Some townships will consider a property fence a permissible pool enclosure, provided that it meets the right guidelines.
The most important thing regarding a fence for your pool is this: you are responsible for the safety of others on your property, as well as liable. That is the first and foremost thing to consider when looking at a fence for your pool. Know your local township ordinances, and be sure to follow them. When choosing a fence builder, they should be aware of the local building codes as well as your individual fencing needs.
Fence Maintenance Service has been proudly serving the Pittsburgh Metro area’s fencing needs for over 50 years. We have been installing quality residential and commercial fencing, and offer a number of materials, all of the highest quality. If you are looking for a fence for your pool, or for your property surrounding your pool, don’t settle for a low-quality, DIY project. Our fences are built to last, and our experienced professionals will work with you to find the right materials to suit your needs and ensure that your pool receives the right size according to regulations. Contact Fence Maintenance Services today for a quote!
What is the Right Height for Your Fence?
A fence is more than just a functional element of your outdoor space – they also serve as a decorative element, one that can complement the overall look of your property.
Just as important as choosing the right style for your fence is choosing the right height. Because your fence is a permanent fixture on your property, you will want to ensure that it is the right height to suit your needs.
The first thing to consider are your local building codes. Different townships and boroughs in Pittsburgh have different regulations, and it is important to find out the minimum and maximum height restrictions for where you reside.
The next thing to consider is your level of privacy. Are you looking to shield your yard from view or simply fence it in. A higher height provides a higher level of privacy. Be sure to keep into account the slope of your yard as well as your neighbor’s yards so that you can accurately gauge the privacy that a higher fence will give you. Fence Maintenance Service has a variety of Privacy Fencing including wood, PVC and Chain Link that is sure to meet your needs.
Another important factor is security. Do you have children or pets that you wish to keep secure in your yard? If so, you want to be sure that the fence is high enough that children or pets cannot climb or jump over.
If you are looking into fencing, then look no further than Fence Maintenance Service. We have proudly served Pittsburgh and the surrounding area for over 50 years, and our experts will be happy to assist you in the right style, design, height, and material that suits your needs. Contact Fence Maintenance Service today and see the difference in our quality service!
Aluminum fences are a way to add elegance to a property, while being considerably less expensive than steel or wright iron. Aluminum fencing is made of strong, lightweight material that is both durable and decorative, certain to enhance any property. Aluminum fences rarely need repainting and do not rust or tarnish.
When it comes to aluminum fencing, there are a number of styles and colors, so it is important to consider your personal taste as well as your needs. First consider the grade: different grades of aluminum are available for different needs, from pool grade to surround a pool or deck, to industrial grade, a heavier form of commercial grade aluminum fencing. The type of property that you have (residential or commercial) should be taken into account as well as what the fence is surrounding.
Decorative aluminum fencing is very popular, with a number of styles in two basic categories: flat top and spear top, or a combination of both. With a flat top, the fence’s top is flat, with the spaces between the pickets and rails spread out to offer a unique look and feel between the styles. The number of styles of spear top fencing are limited only to the imagination, and can be simple or elaborate in design. If the fence is being used primarily for industrial purposes, a more basic design might suit your needs, while an older historic property might go for a more decorative touch.
When choosing a color, you will want one that complements the look of your overall property. Whether you are matching the trim or the style of the surrounding building(s), you want your fence to look as if it belongs there naturally. Be sure to know your local township’s zoning ordinances, and whether there are any specific laws regarding the appearance of your fence.
The experts at Fence Maintenance Services are here to help with all of your fencing needs. Our professional staff can help you choose the right type and style of fence that suits your unique needs, and ensure that it is professionally installed. For more information, contact Fence Maintenance Services today!
Fencing Contractors in Pittsburgh
When it comes to selecting and installing a fence, there are many fence companies in Pittsburgh to choose from, but how do you go about picking the best? The good news is that finding a reliable fence company is much easier in today’s age of information technology, and following a few simple tips can help ensure that you’re not wasting your money and that you’re getting quality work.
- Be sure that you are dealing with a company that specializes in fencing. Some landscaping companies offer fence maintenance and installation, but the truth is that they do not specialize in this service. There are a number of aspects to fencing, including precision, alignment, and property zoning compliance. It’s important to deal with a company that understands all of these aspects and deal with them accordingly.
- Research whether a company has the proper licenses, insurance, and certifications. You need to be sure that your fencing contractor has the proper credentials, and they should be able to provide you with the proper documentation if asked.
- Ask for references. A good reputation in the industry means that a company not only does a good job, but that they stand behind their work. A good fencing contractor should have high quality standards, reflected in their relationships with their customers.
- Be sure that the details of the job are clearly spelled out. If there is a written agreement, be sure to understand the terms and what is involved in the job. An experienced fencing company should give you a clear estimate on pricing, job timeline, and any extra work that may be involved, such as removing old posts or obtaining the proper permits.
Choosing the best fence company for your Pittsburgh property is important. You want to choose someone who has the right amount of experience and can be trusted to do the job right. An improperly installed fence can end up costing you more money in the long run to repair your fence down the road.
Fence By Maintenance Service has been delivering quality residential and commercial fence installation to Pittsburgh, Cranberry Township, Butler and surrounding areas for over 50 years, with an attention to detail that is second to none. With Fence By Maintenance Service, you can be sure that you will be getting a professional fence company who will treat you right and give you a fence that you will be happy with for years to come!
Replacing Your Fence
Old fences can be quite harmful, unstable, and when they become really old, they become difficult to repair return to standard functional fence. Fences can be expensive especially if you plan on waiting to replace them. It is important you contact your local fencing contractors before you start building.
Below are Indications or Signs of a fence that needs to be replaced
These signs aren’t always apparent. Some fences are extremely tough, but there are some structural issues you have to check:
- Loose Supports: When the fence moves too freely, it is a sign that the entire fence is under stress. Depending on your weather conditions, fences with loose supports can be uprooted overnight.
- Water Damaged Areas: When the fencing supports are damaged by water, they can shift and pull down parts of the fence. This can create a less sturdy fence for your home or business.
- Mold and Fence Rot: As a fence slowly ages it will hit it’s expiration date and become more prone to mold. As the elements slowly break down some parts of your fence, it is more likely to suffer from structural damage.
- Moving Cross Beams: If the cross beams are out of alignment, this is an indicator that something else has moved. This can be a structural problem which might be fixable.
- Termite Damage: Termites will be a problem in any type of fencing, as it is dangerous for the wood. Termites can perform a lot of damage to a wooden fence right before your eyes. If you believe your fence is suffering from Termite damage be sure to locate the area and notify Fence By Maintenance Service.
Checking out a Replacement Fence
When looking to replace your fence you will receive a good modern fence with a higher resistant against the elements.
Having a fence contractor come to your home gives you privileged to ensure you get a fence truly fits your needs. If you prefer a particular look or design, replacing your fence can be a perfect solution.
A lot of fencing companies don’t compare to the services you will receive from Fence by Maintenance Services! Contact us today!
Building a Fence
If you’ve decided that you want to build a fence around your home, property, or business, you should first think about what must be done even before the fence is built. Here are some tips for home and business owners and property managers.
Getting the Best Fence for Your Property
- Survey Your Property. First, decide where you’d like the fence to go. If it’s for a residence and will border part, most, or your entire yard, then you should have a survey completed to ensure that the fence will indeed be installed in the right place. If you belong to an HOA, then ask what the rules are for fence building and installation. There may be height, material, and color options, or there may be strict limits.
- Consider the Fence’s Purpose. For instance, if you’re having a fence installed around your pool, then you should decide how wide the perimeter should be. Should it only be around the pool, or should it be around your patio and yard, too? If a fence going to be used for both practical and decorative purposes, then you should think about its aesthetic properties, too. Additionally, you’ll need to decide how high the fence will be, where the fence doors will be, how many there will be, and how wide they should be.
- Find an Expert Installer. Building a fence isn’t a DIY project. From deciding what kind of material is best for fence building to knowing how much material you need to purchase (and of course, don’t forget the actual installation), it’s best to have someone involved who can help guide you through the process. An experienced fence installer will be able to answer your questions and give you advice on height, materials, and access points.
- Choose Materials. Today’s fence materials give you many options, including PVC vinyl, wood, split rail, and chain link. Each has distinct advantages and can keep your property looking fresh.
Any fence maintenance work that will be done in the future depends on the type of fence and the materials you choose. If you’re looking for a low-maintenance fence, PVC vinyl is always a good choice because it resists weather, splitting, cracking, and fading.
If you’d like to build a fence around your property, call or contact Fence Maintenance Service at one of our four convenient Pittsburgh locations.